We have been in the business for years and have installed countless TV mounts. We know the importance of choosing the right hardware and how it can affect your TV mounting experience. In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about TV mounting hardware, including the types of mounts, types of hardware, and how to choose the right hardware for your TV.
Types of TV Mounts
There are several types of TV mounts available in the market. Choosing the right mount will depend on your preference and the type of TV you have. Here are the most common types of TV mounts:
- Fixed Mounts - Fixed mounts are the most basic type of mount. They hold your TV in a fixed position and don't allow any movement. They are ideal for TVs that will be watched from a single position, such as a bedroom or a living room.
- Tilting Mounts - Tilting mounts allow you to adjust the angle of your TV vertically. They are perfect for rooms where you need to mount your TV higher than the optimal viewing height.
- Full-Motion Mounts - Full-motion mounts allow you to adjust your TV in any direction, including tilting, swiveling, and extending. They are perfect for large rooms or open-plan living areas where you need to adjust the viewing angle.
Types of TV Mounting Hardware
TV mounting hardware includes everything you need to mount your TV on the wall. Here are the most common types of hardware:
- Wall Plate - Wall plates are the metal brackets that attach to the wall and hold the TV mount. They come in different sizes and shapes, depending on the type of mount and TV you have.
- Lag Bolts - Lag bolts are heavy-duty screws that are used to attach the wall plate to the wall. They are available in different sizes and lengths, depending on the thickness of the wall.
- Stud Finder - A stud finder is an electronic device that helps you locate the wooden studs behind your wall. It is an essential tool for mounting your TV safely and securely.
- Level - A level is a tool that helps you ensure that your TV mount is straight and level. It is important to use a level to avoid crooked or lopsided TV installations.
Choosing the Right Hardware for Your TV
Choosing the right TV mounting hardware is crucial for a safe and secure installation. Here are some factors to consider when choosing the right hardware for your TV:
- TV Size and Weight - The size and weight of your TV will determine the type of mount and hardware you need. You should always check the manufacturer's specifications to ensure that you are using the correct hardware.
- Wall Type - The type of wall you have will also determine the type of hardware you need. If you have a drywall, you will need to use anchors to secure the mount to the wall. If you have a brick or concrete wall, you will need to use a masonry bit and screws.
- Viewing Angle - The viewing angle of your TV will determine the type of mount you need. If you want to adjust the viewing angle, you will need to use a tilting or full-motion mount.
- Installation Location - The location of your TV will also determine the type of mount and hardware you need. If you are mounting your TV in a high-traffic area, you will need to use a more secure mount to prevent accidents.
In conclusion, TV mounting hardware is an essential part of the process of mounting a TV on the wall. Choosing the right hardware is crucial for a safe and secure installation. By considering factors such as the type of mount, hardware, screws, and installation location, you can ensure that your TV is mounted in the optimal position.
At TV Mounting And Hanging Service, we are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality installation services. Our experienced technicians can help you choose the right hardware for your TV and ensure a successful installation.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a professional installation service, please call us at 480-470-1738. We would be happy to assist you in any way we can.